I know some of you were wondering, “how come there haven’t been posts on the WEEN Online Blog lately?” Well, we have a new address! The WEEN team has been working hard for a long time to re-launch the WEEN home site and it is finally up! The blog will be there from now on and you can check it out by clicking the link below:
Thanks for understanding and hope to see you there!
These are hott!! If I could be granted three wishes by the fashion genie, one of them would be to have these in my closet. The other two involve a ridiculously expensive car and a private island called Celenaville. A girl can dream, cant she? In the meantime, I plan on saving some pretty pennies to get these babies into my shoe collection. Here are the stats:
Giuseppe Zanotti Jeweled Fish Sandals, as seen in “Sex and the City”. A metallic leather sandal with adjustable metal chain closure and fish t-strap with Swarovski® crystal detail. 4″ leather covered heel. Leather lined and leather sole.
Now who could resist these darlings?
Keep it strictly stylish!
Most of us will be spending Thanksgiving, and possibly the whole weekend with our families. For many that is a treat, something to look forward to and relish every moment of. For some of us this is a mandatory family gathering filled with anxiety, awkward moments, and subject that cannot be discussed. Now if you think I’m being cynical you’re probably in that first category, but let’s be honest, countless movies have been made about how unpleasant family holidays can be and I know some of you are not looking forward to Turkey day. Here are some ways that entertainment can make the holidays run a little smoother.
5. A good book or magazine: So, if you aren’t a fan of football, thanksgiving can drag on and on as everybody else is completely sucked into whichever ball game is on TV. Well, maybe this year you should bring something to read. While everybody else is engrossed in the game you can settle down for some me time, while you slip into a turkey and potato related haze.
4. Your iPod: You can use your iPod to block out any thing or anybody you would rather avoid. Maybe you always get stuck cleaning up, listening to some tunes while you scrape the dishes clean always makes it more fun. If your family likes music, you can plug in your iPod and become the house DJ, so you don’t get stuck listening to that Christmas album your mom puts on every year.
3. Christmas Movies on TV: For the next month It’s A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story will be playing on a loop, but on Thanksgiving you probably haven’t seen any of these Christmas classics for at least eleven months, so enjoy them while you can, because by December 15th you will never want to hear the worlds Christmas, holiday or gift again.
2. Eat until you fall asleep: OK, eating and sleeping are not typically considered forms of entertainment, but a turkey induced nap can be as enjoyable as a good book or your favorite love song.
1. Go to the movies: In my family I am known as “Aunt Sonja who takes us to the movies.” The kids and I always seem to share the need to get out of the house during these family events, so we go check out what’s playing at the multiplex. This year you can take the little ones to see Bolt. Take the teen girls to Twilight, the teens boys to Transporter 3 or Quantum of Solace and for the grown up tastes Australia, Milk and Four Christmases all come out on Thanksgiving day.
So, enjoy the holidays, love the ones your with and take advantage of entertainment to get you out of any unpleasant situations!
With Christmas being around the corner, most people are singing the holiday cheer while others cringe when the thought of seeing a Santa appears, knowing the annual family get-together follows. And since holiday family dinners reunite relatives to discuss their lives and shopping lists becoming more of a competition than being a gift of love, it’s easy to feel a little down when compared to others. If you ever find yourself in a situation where people start to criticize you or you start to become a little “green” (with envy) here are a few suggestions to remember.
1) Me, Myself and I. I’m not saying be conceited, but show yourself respect. Know that you are worthy of the best in life and your worth is not judged by material things. If you view yourself (whether its appearance, work ethic, popularity, etc.) in negative perspective, you will mostly attract negative people and pessimistic things will happen to you. Believing that you are “somebody”, an independent, self-sufficient, beautiful, successful woman will help generate positive energy.
2) Do You. Many people value their friends, family members and co-workers opinions on their lives. Much so that they’re not willing to listen to their inner voice. Living your life by someone else’s rules is an oxymoron. It’s your life; you are the one who controls what you can or can’t do.
3) My Life/Your Life. We all have fantasies of what our dream life would be and/or have goals (whether it’s academic or financial) to achieve. However, if you encounter that cousin who always beats you to punch in terms of life and career goals, be envious for a second, let it go and focus on accomplishing your life goals. Don’t listen to anyone who talks negatively about your accomplishments. If you’re happy with how your life is working (you have a great job, in a great relationship and on your way to finish your degree, etc.) don’t let other people’s opinions bring you down
Variety is reporting that Don Cheadle‘s Crescendo Productions has signed a two-year deal with Overture Films as of Tuesday. Crescendo’s upcoming projects include a documentary titled “Darfur Now” and a Miles Davis biopic. Cheadle’s partners Lenore Zerman and Kay Liberman, will work closely with Overture CEO Chris McGurk and chief operating officer Danny Rosett.
Hello fab readers!
‘Tis the time for holiday parties! Let’s start the holiday season party round-up by setting you straight….if you dare to call yourself a true fashionista, there are some “must-haves” that you must absolutely have! No fashion malfunctions for you…if you have the following items in your styling repertoire. Let’s call it The Fab Bag, shall we? You need to have the following in your bag:
- Fashion Tape: No wardrobe malfunctions guaranteed!
- Foot petals: provide virtually invisible cushions that make shoes more comfortable and stop annoying, painful issues – a fashion footwear solution that is not only stylish, but healthy, too.
- Miss Oops: offers siimple solutions to everyday problems. From removing unsightly deodorant smudges on your clothes, to exfoliating and hydrating your cracked heels, Miss Oops has got you covered from head to toe.
- Garment Guard: For protecting those fab outfits from pit stains. They are perfect for:
* Preventing yellow underarm/ deodorant stains on white shirts;
* Preventing wet marks on shirt underarms;
* Keeping clothes clean when cleaning is expensive or damaging to the fabric.
- Lint-On-the-Go-Sheets: Portable lint sheets that pick up those stray hairs, threads, lint, and anything else that is not a part of your fab outfit. No bulky roller needed!
- A mini Swiss Army knife: This one has a small blade, scissors, a nail file with a screwdriver tip, a toothpick, tweezers, and a key ring. You have NO excuse now for ragged nails, misshapen eyebrows, or food filled teeth.
- Everblum Cosmetic Stain Remover: For those pesky lipstick and foundation stains…just rub them off!
- Safety pins: No explanation necessary
- Sewing kit
- Mini-first aid kit: If you stab yourself while sewing or safety-pinning….
You are now ready to be fab at any given time…just like a true fashionista should be! Keep it strictly stylish!
Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon recently gave birth to two twin boys, who have also inspired her to launched her new children’s jewelry line called Petit Bijou:
The launch took place over the weekend at Kitson in L.A. The line features bracelets and necklaces with charms on organic cotton cords in a variety of colors. Garcelle recently made a statement saying, “I have a jewelry line for kids and teenagers – or the young at heart. We have ballerinas, we have teddy bears. For boys, we have cars and crowns. So sort of fun and rock and roll but still really cute pieces.”
If You want to check out Garcelle’s children line click here PetitBijou