Why Water Is The Best Option
Posted November 12, 2008on:
When your thirsty or just want to grab a quick drink, what’s your go-to-drink? A Pepsi, or a medium coffee, light no sugar courtesy of Dunkin Donuts? If you find yourself going for beverages that are high in sugar and/or calories, maybe you should try a drink that doesn’t cost much and is included in your home: water. Drinking water everyday can help improve your health, inside and out.
1) It can help keep your heart healthy. According to Dumb Little Man.com, ” A six-year study published in the May 1, 2002 American Journal of Epidemiology found that those who drink more than 5 glasses of water a day were 41% less likely to die from a heart attack during the study period than those who drank less than two glasses.”
2) It can help prevent cancer. Dumb Little Man.com also states that drinking water can help reduce the risk of colon cancer, breast cancer and bladder cancer. Like other studies, a healthy diet can help reduce the chance of having cancer.
3) No More Headaches. Dehydration is a symptom of headaches. When our bodies don’t get enough water, we become fatigued and tired, which can cause headaches. Drinking water adds energy to your body, which makes you feel energized and less tired.
4) Lose Weight. Today, a milkshake can have the same amount of calories as a cheeseburger. According to A Calorie Counter.com, a large White Castle Chocolate Shake has more calories when compared to a Burger King Triple Whopper, 1680 to 1230. The average calorie intake should be around 2000 calories. By replacing your favorite milkshake or Pepsi with an 8 ounce cup of water, you can reduce your caloric intake.
5) It helps improves your skin. Dehydration takes a toll on your body, especially your skin. According to Medince Net.com, “Dehydration makes your skin look more dry and wrinkled, which can be improved with proper hydration,” he says.”But once you are adequately hydrated, the kidneys take over and excrete excess fluids.”