Top 5 Reasons To Be An Anne Hathaway Fan
Posted November 14, 2008on:
It’s been a busy six months for Ms. Anne Hathaway. She co-starred in Get Smart with Steve Carell and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. She starred in the critically acclaimed Rachel Getting Married and less acclaimed Passengers (both came out in October). AND, her personal life kind of fell apart on her when he broke up with her fiancé Raffaello Follieri just days before he was arrested for wire-fraud-conspiracy and money-laundering charges. Through her obvious ups and downs she has maintained like a pro and never ceased to flash her gorgeous smile. Anne Hathaway turned 26 today. She’s a fellow Scorpio girl born in New York in 1982, but that’s only part of why I am a fan. Here are some other reasons to join Hathaway’s fan club:
5. Her Classiness: Anne, or Annie as her friends call her, is always dressed with style and class. She always comes across intelligent yet unaffected in interviews. Plus, she clearly knows class; she did play a princess opposite Julie Andrews after all!
4. Devil Wears Prada: This movie is great and entertaining just because of the fashion, but Hathaway and her evil boss (played by Meryl Streep) make the movie special. Hathaway is the perfect naive angel to Streep’s devil in Prada.
3. The way that she handled her fiancés troubles: When many young actresses fall apart, Anne stays strong, and appears wise beyond her years. Through the breakup of her engagement and her ex’s subsequent arrest Hathaway came across unscathed. She was simultaneously sympathetic to his troubles yet also strong and independent enough to, at least in the media, make a clean break.
2. Brokeback Mountain: Hathaway had to age 30 years over the course of the movie. She also had to convince the audience that she could be an interesting and strong woman who also (somewhat) knowingly stayed with a man who was really in love with another man. Anne is the only one of the four primary actors who did NOT get an Oscar nomination for the film, but she definitely deserved the same recognition as her co-stars.
1. Rachel Getting Married: Owen Gleiberman described Hathaway’s performance as Kym, a recovering addict, as a “revelation.” This film, which is shot very much like those wedding videos we all know so well, is personal, moving and a pleasure to watch, much of that due to how Anne brought her character to life.