Archive for the ‘Dating’ Category
And this portion tops it all off:
5. Cultural events: This means art gallery exhibitions and openings, operas, theatrical plays, food tastings, embassy events (in the DC area), etc…If a man can go to these events alone or with a few friends, he is either really into being a renaissance man or is trying to pick up the ladies. Either way, at least he’s learned something new and you can actually have a conversation with him about it. Just keep your pimp antenna on—we hate to admit it, but we know a pimp when we meet one…we just talk ourselves out of it and let the fool have his way anyway….
6. Good ol’ church: Nowadays, women greatly outnumber men in the church, so you have to praise the Lord in the most distinguishable way possible. I know that the Lord wants you to look your best for Him, and so does that future potential date…..and, at least you know that man either has some guidance in his life or is looking for some. That’s where I met my hubby…but watch out–there are pimps in church just like there are pimps in the club. The only difference is that they are shouting “Oh, Lord” at entirely different times…..or maybe at the same times…just keep your eyes on the Lord and you should be aight…
DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for the type of man you find, date, or bring home from any of these places. I am only informing you of where you may have a better probability of finding a man who has a touch of style, class, and taste…and good credit. Warning: don’t let the package fool you and don’t ignore your intuition..if you get “he’s a fool” feelings in your gut–go with them. I’m just saying……
I told you there would be more to come. Take notes and enjoy!
3. Sporting events: Let me clarify this— ladies, sit as close as you can to the court, field, diamond, etc. Why you ask? Because nosebleed seats are not sexy and you can’t get a feel for any type of man if you can’t see. Besides, the closer you get to the front, the more crowded it is and the more you WILL be seen (as you are walking up and down the stairs to the bathroom, concession stand, ev’ryone notices you— I have done it many, many times). You WILL leave a visual imprint, and they will talk to you during intermission or after the game. Also, make sure you go to the exclusive lounges during intermission. It may be a little pricier, but the atmosphere is slightly more cosmopolitan and you don’t have to worry about tripping on the stairs in your heels (yes, I said heels– keep the sexy on at all times, single or married!)
4. Wine bars: REAL wine bars, not just clubs and regular ol’ bars. Wine bars where you actually acquire a taste for wine and the sommelier (look it up if you need to) helps you select the right type for you by taste and smell. Move your game past white Zinfandel and Chardonnay….plus, if he likes fine wine, he usually likes fine women….and you should be right up his fine alley. For more info on wine tasting, check out this prior post right about here.
The economy is not the only thing having a rough time these days…it’s hard out there for a single girl to find the man of her dreams. What’s the point in being fab if you have no one to share it with? We ladies have more than enough resources that direct us on how to hunt ’em down, catch ’em, and keep ’em….but where do you find them? For years, I have been telling my girls that they will NEVER find any good thing hanging in a club. Please believe me, if his first glance is you in a teeny weeny mini and boobage overspill, it’s usually not love at first sight. On the other hand, ladies, it’s almost like we are playing “Where’s Waldo” when we set our sights on the man of our dreams…and then stalk him all night, hope that he notices us, and, if he doesn’t, casually try to find a way to give him our number without him falling for our equally attractive girlfriends. It can be nerve wracking! Here is Part 1 of a 3 part series:
Well, I have a few good places to find a few good men, depending on what you are looking for….
If I weren’t married, these are some of the top places where I would find a man who presents class, distinction, taste, quality, style, and seemingly good credit:
1. Political fundraisers: Okay–yes, I did say it—high donor level political fundraisers usually have an overabundance of men who are smart, cultured, and dare I say it…enterprising! (take it whatever way you want to take it—most women want men who they can build with, one way or another). Point in case: I attended the Barack Obama fundraiser last Spring and there was a plethora of available and well-cultured men. But, this type of event is not for the money squeamish. The minimum donation was $1000 a plate and my business partner and I walked in behind Forest Whitaker and his wife, Keisha. But, if I were single, I would have had at minimum 6-10 potential dates in the upcoming weeks.
Think about it this way:
Wearing some fab Dior or Louboutin heels: $1000
Finding a life partner: Priceless
2. Cigar bars: Even if you don’t smoke, endure the chokefest for a few hours. For one, you will be one of the only females in the joint (bring a friend if you are skeered to go solo) and for two, most men who are cigar connoisseurs have more talk about than their favorite sports team….. plus, according to the hubby, a woman smoking a cigar is one of the sexiest sights known to man….