Archive for the ‘Tips & Tricks’ Category
Hello fab readers!
‘Tis the time for holiday parties! Let’s start the holiday season party round-up by setting you straight….if you dare to call yourself a true fashionista, there are some “must-haves” that you must absolutely have! No fashion malfunctions for you…if you have the following items in your styling repertoire. Let’s call it The Fab Bag, shall we? You need to have the following in your bag:
- Fashion Tape: No wardrobe malfunctions guaranteed!
- Foot petals: provide virtually invisible cushions that make shoes more comfortable and stop annoying, painful issues – a fashion footwear solution that is not only stylish, but healthy, too.
- Miss Oops: offers siimple solutions to everyday problems. From removing unsightly deodorant smudges on your clothes, to exfoliating and hydrating your cracked heels, Miss Oops has got you covered from head to toe.
- Garment Guard: For protecting those fab outfits from pit stains. They are perfect for:
* Preventing yellow underarm/ deodorant stains on white shirts;
* Preventing wet marks on shirt underarms;
* Keeping clothes clean when cleaning is expensive or damaging to the fabric.
- Lint-On-the-Go-Sheets: Portable lint sheets that pick up those stray hairs, threads, lint, and anything else that is not a part of your fab outfit. No bulky roller needed!
- A mini Swiss Army knife: This one has a small blade, scissors, a nail file with a screwdriver tip, a toothpick, tweezers, and a key ring. You have NO excuse now for ragged nails, misshapen eyebrows, or food filled teeth.
- Everblum Cosmetic Stain Remover: For those pesky lipstick and foundation stains…just rub them off!
- Safety pins: No explanation necessary
- Sewing kit
- Mini-first aid kit: If you stab yourself while sewing or safety-pinning….
You are now ready to be fab at any given time…just like a true fashionista should be! Keep it strictly stylish!
Being that Fall is officially in, the most convenient and fabulous accessory is also back: Scarves, Check out how celebs wear them:
There are several ways to wear a scarf. You can check out WhoWhatWear’s How-To video here to see their featured examples. Being that it’s Fall and there are so many trends to keep up with, scarf’s are the safest and most fashionable ways to keep up with the trends without spending a fortune. Although your whole look may be basic, a scarf can really elevate your look to the next level.
Their are many many ways to wear a scarf, as seen above, my favorite being the way Jessica Biel wore her leopard print scarf while out in Rome. The most popular way to wear a scarf is how Rihanna wore her fringed Balenciaga scarf while dining in NYC and how Beyonce wore her scarf while landing in the Philippines.
There are silk scarves (Beyonce), lightweight scarves (Rihanna), heavyweight scarves (Jessica Biel, Monica) and knit scarves.
There are many places to purchase a scarf depending on your budget. You can go to Forever 21 ($6-$20), H&M ($10-$40), Urban Outfitters ($20-$50), Bloomingdales ($55-$300), Net-A-Porter ($135-$1000), and many more chain department stores and boutiques.
Here are some of my picks:
Stay fab ladies!
I know that you must simply adore your summer fashions: the shorts that finally fit you great, the summer dresses that abound with midsummer night dream memories, your capri’s that never quit, and the huge collection of leggings that you have amassed over the summer. However, if you are an Eastsider much like myself, your wardrobe has no choice but to correspond to the changing of the season. Here are some marvelous tips on how to transform your summer frocks into a fab fall wardrobe:
Instead of packing away those dresses, add tights or leggings. Then, throw on a cardigan with an over-sized belt to top off the look. For an edgier look, add a cropped leather jacket. You can do the same with a shorts jumpsuit or shorts if you are not a girly-girl who absolutely craves wearing dresses.
Add a fall scarf. In the age of the entirely over-worn Kanye West scarf, everyone thinks that they can just add a scarf and call it a day. In the blistering heat of a 95 degree day, adding a scarf does nothing but solidify your hot summer foolishness in the minds of all that cross your path. Thankfully, you can actually do it this time of year with no one giving you the side eye.
Tone down those bright and bold summer denims with neutrals. Try colors like camel and gray.
Capri’s are great for tucking into riding boots or knee-length leather boots. Break out or begin to build your boot collection and extend the short life of those capri’s.
While you are building your boot collection, put away those sandals. Make sure the spaces left behind by their departure are quickly refilled with pumps, peep-toe heels, and booties.
You still rock the bright flowy tops that you wore while you flashed your gams in those short shorts. Pair them with a pencil skirt and you are ready for any fall soiree. If you are prone to the chills, add a light cardigan to finish the look.
Now go forth and be fabulous!