Posts Tagged ‘Jennifer Hudson’
“The weapon has been positively identified through forensic examination as the weapon that was used in the homicides,” said police Superintendent Jody Weis, according to the Associated Press.
The gun was discovered in the same neighborhood where the body of Hudson’s nephew, Julian King was found. The bodies of Hudson’s mother Darnell Donerson and her brother Jason Hudson were discovered in the family’s home last Friday.
There has not been any charges made yet in the killings, however 27-year-old William Balfour, the estranged husband of Hudson’s sister Julia, is in custody on a parole violation and Police have also made him a “person of interest.”
The Hudson family held a public memorial Sunday at Pleasant Gift Missionary Baptist Church in Chicago. Neither Jennifer or Julia attended.
The family will hold a private funeral services for Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew this afternoon at Apostolic Church of God on Chicago’s South Side.
Scarlett Johansson recently stepped out of her comfort zone as beautiful starlet to develop her talent as a musician when she released an album of Tom Waits cover songs. Then I realized that Tom Waits is a singer who frequently acts in feature films. Clearly actors and singers both have strong performance abilities and the desire to create and entertain. So I thought it would be worthwhile to check out some other singers who have caught the acting bug.
5. Mya: Her part in Chicago wasn’t very big, but she sang beautifully and looked even better. Her first run-in with film was her contribution to the theme song of Bullworth; hopefully she will continue to grace the screen as well as the mic.
4. Norah Jones: We all love her beautiful, sensuous voice. This year she brought those same strengths to her role in My Blueberry Nights, with Natalie Portman. Director Kar Wai Wong brought out the best in this singer, turned actress. I must add that part of the film was made in Ely, Nevada, my grandmother’s hometown. Norah has been quoted more than once discussing the hospitality and charm of Ely!
3. Queen Latifah: I first knew Queen Latifah as a hard rapping tough girl in the early 90’s. In more recent years she has put down the mic and grown into a fantastic actress. She carried Bringing Down the House, consistently stealing scenes from Steve Martin. She is currently starring in The Secret Life of Bees with Dakota Fanning, and fellow songstresses Jennifer Hudson and Alicia Keys. Still, my favorite roles are when Latifah combines her acting and singing talents, like in Chicago.
2. Jennifer Hudson: She won an Oscar for her first role as the talented but initially overlooked Effie in Dreamgirls. She shined as Louise from St. Louis, Carrie’s savior, in the Sex and The City movie. And this was all before she even released her first album! My heart goes out to Hudson and her family after the horrible tragedy that has fallen on their family. I hope that she can find comfort in her creative side, be it acting or singing.
1. Beyonce Knowles: We all know that she is an awesome and “bootylicious” singer. She could easily stick to making albums for the rest of her life and nobody would complain. However, Beyonce is clearly not satisfied merely dominating the billboard charts, she has to rule the box office as well. She played the cute and sassy Foxy Cleopatra in Austin Powers Goldmember and the Diana Ross-esque lead in Dreamgirls. Soon she will be wowing audiences as Etta James in Cadillac Records. Word is that her performance of “At Last” will bring tears to your eyes.
As reported earlier, the body of Julian King was found in the white Suburban that was reported in the Amber Alert. Here is the full report:
Jennifer helped positively identify the body of her young nephew today, hours after he was found with gunshot wounds in a sport-utility vehicle on Chicago’s West Side, authorities said.
An autopsy was scheduled to be done on the body of Julian on Tuesday at the Cook County medical examiner’s office, where Hudson and other relatives went to help identify the remains this afternoon.
A law enforcement source told the Tribune that the boy had been shot multiple times in the back of the white Chevrolet Suburban. The vehicle had been the subject of an intense search and Amber Alert issued on Friday after Hudson’s mother and brother were found shot and killed inside the family’s South Side home.
**WEEN continues to extend our condolences to the Hudson family during this trying time. They are in our hearts, thoughts & prayers**
Posted October 27, 2008on:
After Julia Hudson, the sister of Jennifer Hudson, gave a press conference on Saturday with Greg King, the biological father of Julian King. Jennifer Hudson’s publicist, Lisa Kasteler, made and announcement that the Oscar-winning actress and her family are offering a $100,000 reward for the safe return of her missing 7-year-old nephew, Julian King, has been missing since the Friday’s shooting deaths of Jennifer’s mother and brother at the family’s home in Chicago. The family asks that any information be given to the Chicago Police Department. The investigation is ongoing/active and the FBI have joined in the search for Jennifer’s nephew Julian.
*UPDATE* The search for 7-year old Julian King has come to an end after the body of the young boy was found in the white 1994 Chevrolet Suburban that was said to be the car used to kidnap Julian. Our condolences go out to the Hudson family as they go through this trying time. No one could possibly imagine what they are going through.
Read the latest at CNN
Note: WEEN will not be giving minute-by-minute updates about these tragic turn of events, because we want to respect the Hudson family. The updates will be short and far in between. However, we will update you when speculations are CONFIRMED. Again, the Hudson family is in our prayers.
Breaking news: Jennifer Hudson is currently on her way back to Chicago. According various reports both Jennifer’s mother Darnell Hudson and brother Jason Hudson were killed by gunshot. Police say the believe the disturbance may be due a a domestic violence depute. Police are also being reporting that Jennifer’s nephew, is also missing and that Jennifer’s sister’s car was stolen. Our condolences goes out to the family and we will keep you posted.
UPDATE: A search is under way for Jennifer’s 7-year-old nephew, Julian King, who is missing, according to sources. Police are searching for an SUV, that was seen in the area, a 1994 white Suburban, Illinois license plate number X584859. Julia’s birthday was yesterday and apparently that’s when “a few things went on”.
The stars of the upcoming movie, “The Secret Life Of Bee’s”, Alicia Keys, Queen Latifah & Jennifer Hudson are all gracing the cover of the November issue of EBONY magazine:
All the ladies are looking uber fabulous. Make sure you check out the issue when it hits news stands, and also check out their new movie!
Ever since Jennifer Hudson won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress, everyone has been anticipating her next move. Obviously that next move would be an album. Over the last couple of months, music from J. Hud has been leaked to the Internet, further building the anticipation. Although the official album release is September 30, you can take your first listen here.
I guess this is the new thing in the industry. Release your album via Internet, before the official release. Beating the illegal down loaders and bootleggers at their own game, while staying true to yours. Nice.